Friday, December 16, 2011

This Means War

It makes me sad when I come home from work and make sure the girls have made it to the roost and I only count five butts. I miss my Penny. I'm not going to lose another one. 


Claire mad a good point. It's the circle of life and the poor Hawk was just hungry. It's the survival of the fittest. I understand that, but, I still hate it. 


I have waged a war on this hawk. I haven't see it around in the past 3 days, but It's been cold and rainy. I'm sure the first day the sun comes out it will be back. 


So, I have done a few reinforcements to the coop. I hung some shiny eye ball looking things in the trees to hopefully scare it away. Some people use old Cd's but I bought mine today at the feed store. Supposedly the shiny will scare it away. 


I bought some netting that I am going to hang throughout the run. Hopefully, this will make the hawk unable to swoop down and prey on the girls. 


Lastly, I bought a decoy. It's an owl. Supposedly one of the fiercest, most feared predators around. 
Check it out here: 


HAWK WAR



No comments:

Post a Comment

verbal sprout