Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Long time, No talk.................

Whew....been awhile.
Took a lovely trip to Park City, Utah  last week. The landscape was three hundred and sixty degrees different than here in Austin. It snowed all day every day. The thought of a vegetable garden and spring planting didn't even cross my mind. The most we worried about for four days was whether the hot tub was going to reach 104 degrees.  Our main goal was to rejuvenate our tired, somewhat out of shape ski muscles so we could hit the powder again and again. Good skiing, good family, good food. I couldn't ask for a better weekend(Thanks Mom and Mike).


The last 6 days since I have been back have been a blur. I ended up rotting in the box(blah...work) for four days straight and ended up being sick a few days(neurotransmitter withdrawal....good times). Today was a beautiful day and I was able to get out for a bit and get all my spring planting done. I planted my cucumbers, beans, peppers, tomatoes(15 varieties). Still too early for okra and a few squash varieties but other than that we are good to go.


The girls/ 2 boys(I promise story coming soon) are doing great. Barb, my oldest barred rock should be laying soon. Next up is building a fenced in area for them to run in. No more free ranging for these crazy birds. The other day when I was planting a few herbs they all got together and ambushed me. I swear. They could have taken out everything I planted in 2 minutes.......luckily I was able to corral them back into their coop, where they have stayed, giving me dirty looks daily, since the attack.


Here's a few pics of what the boxes are looking like.......................



1 comment:

  1. Kel- the garden looks great!! Can't wait till the snow is gone and I can plant mine. It's suppose to snow tomorrow so I guess it will be a while! Love you - mom

    ReplyDelete

verbal sprout