Friday, September 24, 2010

Rain delay

,So the skies have been crying here in the capital city of Texas since Sunday putting a serious delay on my coop building plans. I was hoping to have the framing cut and done on tuesday but when it rains, the backyard turns into a huge mud pit. I mean for some people a half acre mud pit might seem ideal, but for me it slows everything down. The only ones who really love it around here are Tate and Viejo (collectively known as the boys). We were told when we rescued them they were Mutts, mixed terrier breeds but I'm starting to think they are more like hybrids........... half dog and half porcine family. These boys are happiest when they are rolling in the mud like little pigs.
So since its raining and not much can be done this week; I'm headed out west to Marfa, a little oasis in the middle of nowhere for some fun, relaxation, and Music this weekend. Hopefully when we get home on monday mother nature will be in a good mood, the ground will be dry, and building will resume.

1 comment:

verbal sprout