Monday, March 12, 2012

I'm tired of trying to be fancy

So we are planting regular grass. Gasp. Yeah, I said it. I have dealt with the zoysia's, buffalo's, and the curly mesquites and I'm done with them. Last years drought put me in a bad mood as far as grass is concerned. So bad in fact, astro-turf is starting to look like a classy option.  I know what you are thinking and xeriscape would be great, except we have two stinks(the boys) who like their grass and to be honest our front yard looks way better with grass. So, I am giving it one more go. You can knock me down but my ass keeps popping right back up in a fighting stance. 

It finally stopped raining and today ended up being a gorgeous day. I figured since the ground was mushy, today would be a perfect day to till up the yard and I tell you what, I have never had a tilling experience as effortless as today. I don't even think I dropped a swear word in the hour I was skipping around with the tiller. Something finally worked out for me. I got it tilled up, leveled, and now all I'm waiting for is the grass delivery on thursday. We are going with Bermuda. Yeah Yeah I know, it's invasive and can take over everything, but no one can talk me out of it. It's an Austin native and it's drought tolerant and that's all I care about at this moment.This is the third time of redoing this area and  I'm not doing it again. 

So today, the dogpark came to us today in the form of a tiller and the stinks couldn't get enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

verbal sprout