Monday, March 19, 2012

Tornado Chance 70%

The weather man said a 70% chance of tornado tonight and tomorrow. WHAT? Great. Scares the crap outta me. So, I guess I will be up all night worrying about the girls. I may sneak them in a little later without Claire noticing. We also have to worry about the creek(ok, ok, city sewer ditch) running through the backyard. When it rains, it turns into a class V rapid any kayaker would be envious of. The good people at the insurance company swear we aren't in the flood plain and don't need flood insurance, but about a year and a half ago, before the dreaded drought, it rained five hours straight and I knew our house was going to turn into Noah's Ark. Two of everything, Come on in. 


Anyway, tonight and tomorrow it's supposed to rain, hail, and be nasty like it hasn't been in a long time. Three to five inches they say. My anxiety level is high. That's good because I'm going to need a lot of adrenaline when I have to start sandbagging and building a levee to protect the homestead. Ugh. I will let you know how it goes. 


In other news, I seem to be able to grow stuff I didn't mean to grow. This little tomato plant popped up the other day after I tilled up my garden box getting it ready for spring planting. I'm going to let it grow and see what happens. 



1 comment:

  1. 70% chance of tornado? That doesn't even make sense! When a forecaster says "50% chance of rain" that means that 50% of the area they are talking about will get some amount of rain. Does that mean that 70% of the viewing area will get some amount of tornado? Not likely. That is a really dumb thing to say. Maybe it means that there is a 70% chance that there will be some kind of tornadic activity in the area. Very much not the same thing. I think your forecaster was just really happy to have something to talk about other than drought.

    The "un-named tributary to Bouldin Creek", as I used to know it does look really ominous when it rains. We never had a problem with the house though. I think because you have everything so cleared you should be in better shape.

    Glad you are finally getting some rain. Unfortunately it's south-central Texas and "feast of famine" is a dramatic understatement.

    Later

    ReplyDelete

verbal sprout