Saturday, March 10, 2012

My Bones are a achin'

I'm a brittle little soul when it comes to the rain. I can usually tell when it is going to rain a day before it actually does. My bones ache like an 85 yo who smoked all their life and never drank a glass of milk. Seriously. That bad. It's been raining like this in Austin for three days straight and I will tell you what, I'm over it. If it keeps it up, I'm going to need a walker and some BenGay stat.


Tell you who else is over it. The girls. They stand in the rain(not sure why when they have their coop), get soaked, and start to look more like muddy little pigs than chickens. I can tell they are pissed. I always get anxious that something is going to happen to them when it rains like this. I worry about my building skills and the coop collapsing with the slightest burst of wind, especially at night. I woke up a few times last night, peeped out the window, and couldn't see anything. Every now and then with a bolt of lightening, a strained eye, and a furrowed brow,  I swear I could catch a glimpse of the coop in the distance. But it still wasn't good enough confirmation that it was still upright.  I contemplated hauling myself out there in the hurricane winds and bringing them all in, but I quickly came to my senses. I  peeped out again several times and realized if I don't stop straining to see, my brow is going to need more than a few rounds of botox after tonight. I reluctantly, for the sake of beauty and sanity, resigned myself to lay in bed and worry that the first annual chicken apocalypse was occuring right outside my window. Cue Generalized Anxiety Diagnosis 300.02 and one Prozac refill. 

Update: As of this morning, they are all doing fine and the coop is still standing strong and I have not been admitted into a psychiatric institution as of yet.

Anyway, next week I plan on doing my spring  planting. I pretty much have all of my transplants ready to go and after the past few days, I just need to wait for it to dry out a bit before I go ahead and get them in the ground. I dont want my tomatoes to end up with that nasty blight again like spring 2011. This year is the year I tell ya. Boom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

verbal sprout