Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I can't believe how awesome the weather has been. Today I was lucky to have a day off and was able to be outside, enjoy the beautiful weather, and work on the coop. I had a pretty productive 1/2 day. The coop is finally coming together with the addition of the rafters, purlin's, and roof. Unfortunately, I was only able to get half of the roof on because I lost a few of the supplies to the highway coming home from the hardware store. I looked out of my rear view mirror cruising 60 mph, jamming to some good tunes and saw a pack of my foam pads flying out of the back of my car. Ugh. Do I go back and get them? I couldn't possibly haul myself across the highway for a $4.00 pair of foam pads and risk certain death could I? Well, it was a five-pack. With good judgement, I decided against it, said sorry for littering to no one in particular, and made my way home knowing it wouldn't be complete know matter how hard I tried. I have a hard time leaving things incomplete, especially when I had my heart set on getting the whole roof on today. But I am realizing slowly that the list from my projects is never ending.


So far so good...No major snags or head rubbing WTF moments yet.
Here are some pics of the progress








                       Stinky Vi taking a Nap......I need a new assistant

2 comments:

  1. seriously i'm so impressed with what you're doing...sans pads and all.

    hi, by the way, i'm brie - a good friend of shelly's. :)

    ReplyDelete

verbal sprout