Sunday, October 24, 2010

I'm evolved.....I'm using power tools.

Kelly  +  3/4 Poultry hen staples +  Hammer x 2 = Serious Frustration.





So, I decided to take my brother's advice after attempt number two (insert swear words here) to nail the hardware cloth to the frame and bought an air compressor and a heavy duty staple gun.


I went to the Hardware store and said, " I need a heavy duty staple gun for hardware cloth and a chicken coop enclosure." The guy said,  "Oh yeah sure no problem. Right over here," pointing to the small manual household staple guns.  "No No I replied, "My brother said I need an air compressor with it."The guy looked at me wide eyed and said "oh ok. Follow me." And in the next thirty minutes I was hooked up with a new air compressor, a 100 foot extension cord, a new staple gun, and a box of 1 inch heavy duty staples. After reading about it and learning how to use it I gave it a little test drive today and I must say if it were human, I would marry it. It's amazingly fast and super easy to use.  I was able to finish all of the top and wrap the whole lower half with ease in about an hour. The whole time I was stapling I kept thinking about that hammer and those annoying poultry staples and I realized that this was the best idea my brother could've had. Seriously, if anyone out there is thinking of building a coop, consider buying a setup like this. You won't regret it.


 I have three days off this week and I know it sounds gutsy, but I am going to try to finish the chicken coop as long as the weather remains cooperative. Hopefully friday it will be complete!

2 comments:

  1. Prettiest color chicken coop I've ever seen! I'm very impressed by your skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great! Give me a feww chicken. I like you with a chicken coop. I will make a coop. hehe...

    ReplyDelete

verbal sprout