Tuesday, October 19, 2010

T-shirts for a Cause

Well, Today i had the day off and while it was another gorgeous day, the kind to make all the worries of life fade away, I was busy in the studio. What? No chicken coop? That's right. I didn't have time today because I have another little project going that's near and dear to Claire and myself's heart (excuse the grammar, I was never one for english class in high school). This project is different. It  involves a little boy with a lung disease named Noah, Claire, our friend Maggie, lots of miles paced, worn out kicks, and lots of different sized T-shirts. Huh?


Claire and Maggie, God bless their feet, are running the NYC marathon. I remember when these two ran their first one together. I believe it was at mile 22 when both of them, hot, tired, and breathing rather deeply said, "I am never doing this ever again!" Fast forward a year and these crazy girls are going to run through all 5 boroughs in less than 5 hours, all while raising money and awareness for a pretty good cause.  You see our friend Noah is a toddler with cystic fibrosis. It is an inheritable lung disease that usually leads to death at an early age. Research is being done to hopefully find a cure so people who live and breathe everyday with CF can have a chance at a normal life. Claire and Maggie have teamed up with Team Boomer to help raise money so that research can continue.


So, what is this little project I have going on? T-shirts. Lots of them. I designed a T-shirt that encompasses a dragonfly, NYC, and some runners to signify the girl's marathon. Today I printed it and honestly I wasn't all that impressed with the results. I think I want to rework the design a bit and see if I can get some of the finer lines to show up. In the mean time here's a pic of the first design and first attempt.




I have watched Claire and Maggie train for this marathon for months and am excited to see them run in three weeks. They have worked so hard to get there and I couldn't be more amazed with the determination of both of them. Here's to you girls. Glasses in the air,  clinks all around (yes I clinked). Have a Good run. I will be cheering loud and proud!




http://www.firstgiving.com/clairewhitehead
http://firstgiving.com/maggiekeen





3 comments:

verbal sprout