Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sleepy Girls

So now that they are ten days old they can go outside and scratch around in the grass. I have seen a lot of cute things in my life, but this one may top the list. They were excited to be outside, but still a little apprehensive. They stayed close to me which is a good sign. The whole "first impression" thing worked with them. They didn't venture too far.


When I brought them back in after being paroled, they were sooooo sleepy. It was the funniest thing. All of them just sort of collapsed. At first I thought maybe it was a little too early and I killed them all but they all sort of curled up with each other and fell asleep. I guess it takes a lot of energy with all the new good stuff to dig around in. Im going to try to hunt down some worms and bugs today. Too early to give them greens but worms and bugs are ok. Man they are going to be excited.


Here are a few pics of the escapades(btw chicks are super tough to photograph)



Notice the wheelbarrow. Going to come in handy today. I have 5 Cubic yards of topsoil coming to help predator proof the coop
So sweet. We named her Rouge. Claire was holding her and petting her head and she fell asleep



1 comment:

verbal sprout