Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Chicken Hilton

The girls are doing great. Growing fast. The only one I'm a little worried about is Henry. She hasn't really grown all that much. She's eating and roosting fine, she's just little. Hopefully she will catch up soon. 


I have turned into an excellent box hunter as of late. Everywhere I go I'm looking for the biggest, best box I can find. Yesterday at work it came in the guise of an Almay makeup box. I tell you, most people would be burdened that this makeup display came in such a big box. But when I saw it, I got all tingly inside. I knew the girls would be proud as well when I brought this chicken Hilton home. And they were ...........excited, scratching, running, settling in nicely. Hopefully this box will be big enough to contain them until late December, when they will be feathered and ready to go in the coop. 


The other night we lit the chimanea and had some friends over. We brought the girls out and after foraging for a while, they got tired and wanted to snuggle. Here are a few pics from the evening. 


Photos courtesy of Rebecca McCray; photographer extraordinaire











1 comment:

verbal sprout