Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 2 and 3

Disclaimer: Im a renegade with punctuation. I am addicted to the comma and place it wherever I feel the need. Sorry all of you teachers(especially future Dr. Fields) or english buffs. It may be annoying to read.


Whew............... I may actually finish this patio this week. I'm sort of shocked that its actually coming together. Usually I leave a trail of unfinished projects in my wake. Having the week off has been great. 


Day 2 consisted of a lot of ground leveling. I also picked up the five remaining Air conditioning pads. Of course one of the guys at the store was like, "oh these are way too heavy for your car." Wait what? Have you seen what this car can do? I had already hauled five of them before, a few months ago, so I knew my car would be fine. A couple of crappy forklift moves later(he kept pushing the fork down and it looked like my car couldn't take the weight) and the guy finally got them in my car. In the end, he ended up saying he needed a car like mine. That's what I'm talking about cowboy. 


Tell you what I hate. I hate the weight of the AC pads. 90 lbs. I'm pretty much running a boot camp on myself all week.  I was able to get them out of the car, drag them with a hand truck, transfer them to my skateboard and scoot them one at a time across the patio. I swear my longboard skateboard has come in handy more than a few times when doing heavy labor. 


Day 3, today, happens to be a very special day. It's Claire's Birthday today. The big 3 to the 0. She took the day off and we went and picked out the gravel. We have 9 tons on order for delivery tomorrow morning. My back is super excited and can't wait to haul it all tomorrow. We chose Tejas Black (scroll to see). It's a light gray color and will contrast well with the pads. We were able to lay most of the weed cloth down before i ran out 3/4 of the way through and was way to lazy and hot to go to the store and get more. I will have to finish it tomorrow a.m. before the gravel arrives because a few birthday festivities are in order for this evening and happy hour commences soon.  


The Shaded area is where the pool will sit 

1 comment:

  1. It looking good and will look great with the gravel - you work so hard!! Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete

verbal sprout