Monday, June 27, 2011

Girl gone Broody

So L.S. (little shit) has gone broody.  I don't think she realizes that those golf balls she's sitting on aren't going to hatch anytime soon. She is just ready to be a mother I guess. This happens from time to time and there are many ways to break the broodiness, but I need to figure out a solution stat. She's guarding those eggs like a pit bull in a junkyard. I mean damn I almost lost my hand trying to get the remaining eggs that weren't nestled under her. TLC or A&E, I have a new episode for you. Chickens that hoard. I mean seriously, would you mess with this crazy Lady?


Fore! (get it? she's sitting on golf balls)


My plan is to give her a couple more days and see if she will just get bored or move on. If not I will remove the balls and eggs and see if that will break her. If not, I may have to place some chicks under her, so she can experience motherhood. Oh mama, I'm not ready for more chicks. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to share this with my friend who has chickens (http://pearlthesquirrel.blogspot.com/2011/06/egg-and-i.html) and see if she's got a solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I found your blog. It will be a good guide to meeting my goal...eventually.

    Sorry about your broody chicken. My parents have had two female dogs go "broody".....carry a fake baby (toy) around and act like they really have a pup. It is strange, and then they get disinterested in it.

    ReplyDelete

verbal sprout