Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Operation Closer to Pool Party Day 1

Oh...the horror of the heat.  Another record 3 days in a row. Lets give a shout out to 103 degrees. Seriously. 


It took several breaks coming inside the house to cool off in the AC, 3 bottles of Gatorade, and several full body soakings with the water hose to make day one of operation redo patio successful.   


I know I seem a little bipolar, ok manic, when it comes to projects, but I have a week off and Im trying to get everything done within this week since I'm off of work. Did I forget to mention I'm off from rotting in the box for the whole week? Hell yeah I am. I would like to call it "My attempt to regain sanity and not be constantly annoyed by humanity week." So far so good. 


So I decided to extend the patio out and to the sides. The pool will reside within this patio. The deck for the pool was totally freaking me out design wise and financially i don't think we could afford what we really wanted around it right now, so we figured we would do it this way instead of rushing into something. Insert sigh of life and relief here. 


So today I leveled out the existing dirt, inserted edging around the perimeter to define the patio, raised the fire pit, sweated profusely, and ordered more AC pads(we use them as pavers). We will move in texas black gravel to fill in the patio, hopefully friday once I put down some super kick ass weed barrier.  After this is done, we can set and level the pool and insert the lining and pump. 


Tag me out. Now I'm sore and my back hurts. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

verbal sprout