Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pump up the jam....pump it up

I'm working like a maniac this week and next. My only days off were today and monday. Then I'm rotting for the rest of the week. I was hoping to have the pool done today so we could be lounging in a raft (Claire bought one for the inaugural opening float day) tomorrow but you know how it goes. Shit always has to get in the way. Today was quite the lesson in patience.


I originally was going to line the tank with a pool liner.  I'm worried about the tank eroding sooner than it should since I have decided to go the saltwater route. Yeah, I don't really want the eye burn and skin itch of a chlorinated pool, so saltwater it is. The pool liner kicked my arse today. I hate it. It wouldn't match up and center with the tank, the holes weren't in the right place for the pump attachments, and dammit it kept burning feet in the sun. Claire came home and was like "um, why are you in a bad mood?" Ohhhhh that liner. Seriously, can you recycle Vinyl? Thats where its going. Either in the trash or the recycle bin. I'm done with it. Au natural stock tank is the way we are going. 


I was able to get a lot done with the pump and filter system today. Its all done. Just waiting for the silicone sealant to dry. I went with a pump and filter from Intex, an above the ground pool company and then hooked their saltwater system pump inline. It was actually a lot simpler than I had envisioned. I think the hardest part might be hiding the extension cord so it doesn't look ugly.


On a weirder note, the garden is suddenly taking off. I mean leave it to me to have a nice producible garden at 103 degrees every day for the past ten days. I'll take it. 


Filter
The pump and saltwater system 

No comments:

Post a Comment

verbal sprout