Thursday, April 19, 2012

Bridget's gone Rogue

Ugh......


Bridget one of my young girls(salmon favorelle) has been showing some broody tendencies. Hell, I am not even sure if she is laying yet. I am only getting four eggs a day and have five girls now, so I am not sure who isn't laying. I had my suspicions it was her earlier this month and now she has been spending way too much time in the nesting box which makes me think she is broody. Great. I have been through this once before  and I am so not in the mood to relive that nightmare again. She gets super upset when you even open the door to hen house which makes me 98% sure she is trying to hatch the other girls eggs.


Sigh. 


This time I am going to go on the poultry forum and get some fertilized Silkie  eggs. I know, seriously, how cute are they? Last time the heat killed the two eggs I had slipped under Little Shit, but now with a relatively normal spring here in Austin, I have a feeling Bridget can pull this off. Fingers crossed that it works this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

verbal sprout