Saturday, May 5, 2012

Seriously. Damn this heat in Austin.  95 degrees, but with the humidity it feels like 101. 
Tell you what is not good. Bridget's clutch(the nest she's sitting on). If the internal temperature of the eggs reach 105 degrees...........toast. Or shall I say over easy. 


Son of a................. ugh. 


She's pretty intuitive at coming off the nest when its too hot. This a.m. she left for about an hour  as soon as I opened the door for her and then this afternoon, when the temps reached boiling point, she wanted to come off again.  I let her linger around for only a few minutes and then put her back on. Since it's her first time on the nest I don't want her to get bored or have ADD and forget. So far she has been great and I think she is going to be an excellent mother. 


I put a shade cloth on the roof, ran an extension cord to the coop, and hooked up a fan for her and the eggs. I just looked in there and the temperature was down to 88. Thank God. I'm going to candle tonight and see if the eggs survived. Tomorrow it's supposed to be a scorcher again and then monday its supposed to get back into the 80's. 


81/2 days left.........................fingers crossed. So freaking close. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

verbal sprout