Sunday, May 6, 2012

Time Crunch.....7 days left.

Man, what a time crunch I have been in. I cannot get ahead this week to save my life.  


Seriously, I used to take time for granted but this week and last, I feel like there has not been enough time in a day to get all this good stuff done. I was going to try to finish the brooder where the new girls will live on Thursday, but I got called in to work because a co-worker was sick. I ended up working an insane amount of days in a row and wasn't able to work on it until this weekend throwing a serious glitch in the plan. Yesterday, Saturday, I decided I would put all of my effort into it Sunday (seriously, building stuff and being outside for me is my church) and then bam last night at 2:00 am a huge thunderstorm blew in. Killin' me. Not kidding. I put on my rubber boots and went to work this a.m. in the rain. My one and only next day off is Tuesday and then the new arrivals will be here on Sunday so it was imperative I got most of it done today. The clouds parted and after a couple of unplanned trips to the hardware store and a few @*#^ #%'s later, I am happy to report that I was able to get it mostly finished. Tuesday I am going to level it a bit and predator proof the hell out of it. 


Isn't it cute? It even matches the big coop. 


If anyone out there is looking to build a coop, I'm going to seriously suggest using the plans I did(I mean if you like this look).I bought them online from The Garden Coop. The directions are super easy to follow and even those with little building experience can do it. So get out there and DO IT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

verbal sprout